got sound?

| weblog | wishlist | books | snapshots | contact |



Sunday, July 31, 2005
boing.

having been living in the same place for almost two years, i've grown very fond with the house, more than ever now. even though people have suggested me to move closer either to the campus or downtown since god knows when, i stick with this place for just about every reason that i can think of. right now, for once, scott—my landlord—is out of town for a week, so i'm having the house by myself. also the killer new fridge and stove he bought a couple of weeks ago to replace the old, almost non-functioning ones. and of course, there's the garden frog.

"i bought myself a garden frog."

"you bought a what?"

"a garden frog. look!" he gestured his hand to a frog effigy about thrice the size of a fist, sitting on the dining table. it's dark green with dots all over its plump, fat, round body with a wide smirking mouth and eyes that popped out made of two round crystal marbles. it's hideously cute.

"oh."

"this is such a waste of money," he laughed and picked the frog up to examine it closer. "my boss has given me a hard time lately. you can't please everybody at one time, you know? it's just really annoying..." he trailed his words as if thinking about something before he quickly added, "so today i decided to buy this after work." he laughed again playing with the frog on his hand. "stress would make you do all sort of weird stuff, lemme tell ya," he grinned.

right.

one thing that i now loathe myself for is how i've been doing, thinking, and talking a lot of nonsense lately. it's in the air, the water, basically everywhere, and i would find nonsense. (un)fortunately though, i find peace in nonsense: when i just sit on my patio doing nothing but staring at the backyard, when i lie down on my bamboo mat on top of mount douglas for seven hours gazing at the sky and the sea, when i watch movies back to back the whole night and choose to forego my sleeping time, when i sleep throughout the whole morning and choose to have a backache later on, yada yada yada. i always silently whisper to myself, "life is good." at the same time, i often cross my fingers when i say it, and refuse to think about #11 on my things that i realize more and more every single day list.

on a lighter note, i am now a regular viewer of boingboing, which generously provides us with numerous wondeful things daily. some of the things that i've learned within the past month: what would my site looks like if it got googled, how to kill yourself using only an elevator and a trash can, what would irvine welsh, dave eggers, or chuck palahniuk write for dumbledore's death scene, and what skeletons do during their spare time. hilarious, eh?


# | posted by emil @ 7/31/2005 08:41:00 p.m. |