got sound?

| weblog | wishlist | books | snapshots | contact |



Friday, June 17, 2005
so,

i've decided to come back writing, whining, and putting some nonsense for everyone to read and/or see on this overly narcistic, self-indulgent piece of blog (hey, afterall that's what a blog is all about, right?). some of you might prefer to call it a template for self expression. i don't see the difference.

after some pretty hectic period of time i've finally relaxed a bit. been trying to catch up with my life, which goes a hell lot faster than what i've prepared. school is going okay, work is boring as usual. not going back home this summer, as much as i wanted to, is both great and painstaking. i of course let myself believe that i, for better or worse, am more inclined to the former. and no one shalt argue with me.

i talked to a good friend a couple of days ago whom i've known for over one and a half year. out of the blue she said to me, "you know what, emil? the first times i met you, my first impression wasn't really that good."

"what did you think?"

"i thought you were snobby." she laughed a little when she saw my horrified face, and added, "you're friendly when you're in class but you didn't even say hi to me at the bus stop! you just pretended that you didn't see me."

whoa! i've sure been known for few not-so-pleasant adjectives, but snobby?

"did i really make that impression? maybe i didn't see you, period. or maybe i was just too shy, or didn't feel comfortable talking to random people i'd just met."

"yeah emil, sure you did," she replied and smirked. grrreat.

on a side note, some spirit-boosting matters have done my life pretty good, compensating the shitty weather (whatever happened to the summer?) and the absence of great friends in town (everyone's left—there's something in victoria's water?). other than that nothing really bothers me, except that i miss indonesian food awfully bad. pempek, siomay, otak-otak, tempe. hmmm... tempe. hmmm... tempe bacem.

or maybe it's just me acting all sentimental, again.


# | posted by emil @ 6/17/2005 11:57:00 a.m. |