got sound?

| weblog | wishlist | books | snapshots | contact |



Wednesday, June 23, 2004
the bedroom

am lately into details. call it the nothing-better-to-do syndrome. .

let's see, first of all, obviously the bed. the blanket covers only half of it, and the pillows are on the carpet floor. i barely use the blanket lately, though. the nights are getting hotter. no, we don't use fans, let alone air conditioners. then, the bedside table, bought it at a garage sale for a pretty good deal. what's on it? a severely-damaged alarm clock due to excessive banging (i don't do mornings), a glass of water, my discman being charged, a box of tissue and my current read (michael chabon's the amazing adventure of kavalier and clay). in the right side is the hall tree, with a raincoat, 3 jackets, 2 hats, and a belt hanging. next to it is the bookshelf. on top are another tissue box, coins, a mug-to-go, and my passport wallet (what is it doing over there?). in it, needless to say are my books and my CD collections, along with empty cases, blank CDs and my old agenda. then, on the left side next to it, my desk.

this desk. my palace for most of the time. piles of papers, inside and out of thin and painstakingly thick folders. a table lamp. two small drawers full of batteries, stapless, keys and whatnot. packs of small paper notes and push pins. post-it notes with different sizes and loads of office supplies (puncher, scissors, cutter, stapler and the like). numerous pens, pencils, markers and hiliters, working or not. more of my CD collections. two pocket dictionaries. calculators. photos. notes all over the desk. my CD case to-go. on top are table clock, uncountable pennies and dimes, a ruler kit, more CD cases, a pack of kopikos (hey, they sell it at the supermarket!), textbooks and coursepacks. back below, two other mugs (one is filled with recipes), a bottle of mineral water, a bottle of nestea, more pens, more coins, more papers, phonecards, a jazzfest brochure, an empty plate (i just had my dinner) and of course, my lifesaver, my second girlfriend, my notebook. on the wall of my desk is a noteboard which, of course, is full of notes and pin-ups and postcards. while below are my notebook's suitcase, 2 modems, a trash bin and 4 big folders full of files and more papers. and the desk chair.

opposite of the desk is the closet (it's part of the wall) which of course contains nothing but a whole mess of plastic bags, boxes, bags, my clothes and other things that you might or you might not want to know. heck, i even put my medicines inside. next to it is the comfy, daily-used sofa. single sitted, i also got it from a garage sale with a very low price (but hey, it's a really nice sofa!!). then a folding tray table, where a bottle of vitamins, next term's calendar, a style manual, my wallet, even more coins, the house keys, some book markers and my student ID lay. near the door is my laundry bucket, full of clothes fresh out of the washing machine waiting to be folded. i hate that one. and finally, the shoe-rack. wait, the wall. four posters, one incubus, one john mayer, one ministry of sound and one trainspotting. one 4-month wall planner. and a mirror. there.

phew! listing all of these was a hard work. i'm sweating! i definitely have nothing better to do. [update: i just realized after re-reading it that i use the words of course a lot. i'm not sure what makes me think you'd known what my bedroom looks like.]


# | posted by emil @ 6/23/2004 07:40:00 p.m. |